As a general comment, whenever people are talking about edge
detection, there's an implied timing specification of the sharpness
and/or quality of that edge---there's an implied slope and setup/hold
times, and your actual V(t) may be such that it is not seen as a
valid, recognized positive edge.

Specifically, the voltage rise could be too fast or too slow, or the
voltage dip is too shallow, or there are ringing/bouncing artefacts
that lock out the edge detector.