Try adding whats below to your /etc/X11/xorg.conf file to prevent the
monitor from sleeping.

Section "ServerFlags"

Option "BlankTime" "0"

Option "StandbyTime" "0"

Option "SuspendTime" "0"

Option "OffTime" "0"

EndSection

Section "Monitor"
 Option "DPMS"

Identifier      "Builtin Default Monitor"

EndSection