I do see the example line

cape=lcd04-01

in uEnv.txt

and based on that I thought I could get the LCD to work.

Here's what I did:

I copied

BB-BONE-LCD4-01-00A0.dtbo

/boot/uboot/dtbs/am335x-boneblack-lcd4-01.dtb

and rebooted.

the system does not boot, I guess the cause is that in the LCD4 def there's
only the devicetree part for LCD4.

I also tried the same with BB-BONE-LCD4-01-00A1.dtbo, same result.

Can anybody help?

Is there a way to make thre LCD4 work on BBB and Kernel 3.13?

Do I need to merge the default dtb with the lcd4 dtb? if yes, how do I do
that?