From:  KurtE <ku...@rockisland.com>
Date:  Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at 5:45 PM
To:  <beagleboard@googlegroups.com>
Subject:  Re: [beagleboard] Where is asoundlib.h?

> I could be wrong, but when I was trying to do this awhile ago on Angstrom, I
> did not find it.  I ended up downloading and building the stuff on the BBBk.
> Now with Debian, I can now do like I did on the Raspberry Pi and and do the
> apt-get install libasound2-dev
>
> More details on what I do is up on my Readme file of my github Raspberry Pi
> project(Bad name, but was first linux box):
> https://github.com/KurtE/Raspberry_Pi
>
> From that readme:
>
> I did not find any valid packages to install the ALSA, so I did it manually:
>
>     wget ftp://ftp.alsa-project.org/pub/lib/a...1.0.25.tar.bz2
>     tar jxf alsa-lib-1.0.25.tar.bz2
>     cd alsa-lib-1.0.25
>     ./configure
>     make install

Try this instead,

apt-get source libasound2
cd alsa-lib-1.0.25
// if you want debug symbols
export DEB_BUILD_OPTION=nostrip noopt debug
dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -uc -us -j8 -aarmhf

// The dpkg-buildpackage uses the settings a patches in the debian folder
and builds the library as intended
// This commands creates Debian packages in the parent folder.

cd ..
sudo dpkg -i libasound2* deb

Regards,
John