On 4/17/2014 7:37 AM, cwrseckf...@gmail.com wrote:
> Does anyone know the set of git commands needed to update one of R Nelson's
> kernel sources?  His original shell scripts are faultless, but the only way
> I can find to update a  build to the most recent version is to wipe the
> directory and start again with a full download.  This needs several hours
> and a fast connection, and there must be some set of git fetch commands
> that would just get the most recent files needed.  However, git and I are
> violently antipathetic, and I can't find out what those commands might be.
>
> Thanks for any ideas - Will

Did you try a simple:

  git pull origin

...from inside your working copy?

Also, take a look at the system.sh.sample file.  If you have a Linux
kernel git repository locally (or care to create one), you can point to
it with a system.sh file (created using the system.sh.sample as an
example) and it will get reused so you won't need to download it each
time you build.  Robert's scripts will download and reuse a copy of the
kernel source for you, but it's inside the working directory so if you
delete everything and re-clone the Robert's linux-dev repo, you'll have
to download the kernel source all over again.

--
Charles Steinkuehler
char...@steinkuehler.net