I have loaded ubuntu 12.10 in sd card and booted it in beagleboard-xm rev
c. After startup I entered ifconfig -a, I have found only lo and usb0
connections. I havent found eth0 there. I have connected lan cable from
modem to ethernet port.But when i entered  "sudo dhclient eth0", it shows
device cannot found. I need internet on my board for updating my
packages.Is there anything to do to start internet connection via lan
cable? Please help me to solve this issue.

Regards,
Hari