Your are totally right but I didn't find any reference explaining that.
In the manual from TI,

AM335x ARM® Cortex™-A8 Microprocessors(MPUs)
> Technical Reference Manual - SPRUH73H

 Session 24.2.3: McSPI pin list there is a description about SPIx_SCLK and
you read:

SPI serial clock (output when master, input when slave)

There is also one note at the bottom saying:

(1)This output signal is also used as a re-timing input. The associated
> CONF_<module>_<pin>_RXACTIVE bit for the output clock
> must be set to 1 to enable the clock input back to the module.

Thank you for the tip.