Robert,

My device tree overlay took a dump and my Beaglebone Black would no longer
allow me to import the ADC portion of the Adafruit_BBIO library.

> <type 'exceptions.RuntimeError'> Unable to setup ADC system. Possible
> causes are: - A cape with a conflicting pin mapping is loaded - A device
> tree object is loaded that uses the same name for a fragment: helper

Running your script fixed my issue partially.
I can run this command from the command line with no problem.

*import Adafruit_BBIO.ADC as ADC*

When I run the same code from my simple web2py app the ADC cape error comes
back.
Any ideas?

Kevin