OK I asked this question before and I was never able to resolve it.

I have an image (application) on microSD card that I want to distribute. It
uses Archlinux.

I don't want the user to have to play with boot directories pushing buttons
or anything like that. I just want it to boot at power up.

As long as a distribution (stock) image is on the eMMC it will not boot the
SD card unless the boot button is held down at power up.

I can get around this by wiping the eMMC but I do not want a user getting
an image on SD and having to do that.

Is there anything I can do on the SD card (boot record) to cause it to boot
directly from SD regardless of what is on eMMC.

Debian apparently has no problem with this. It seems to be an Archlinux
issue.

If therei s an answer please pass along the code or point me to it.