Hello

it sounds like you have a similar problem to what I had experienced.

There is a thread in google groups somewhere (can't find it) about this
issue but I wrote it up here
link<http://dumb-looks-free.blogspot.fr/2014/04/bbb-hdmi-debi>as well
My specfic situation was for debian, but some others have indicated it
works for angstrom too.

maybe have a look at this to see if it can give you some clues.

good luck