On 5/8/14, 9:35 AM, "Charles Steinkuehler" <char...@steinkuehler.net>
wrote:

>The way these systems are configured, I don't know if you can do what
>you want without generating a custom device tree.
>
>The leds class has a trigger function and can be tied to various GPIO
>pins, but I believe that conflicts with exporting that same GPIO pin.
>
>If anyone knows of a way to do this without requiring customizing a
>device tree to move GPIO pins from /sys/class/gpio to /sys/class/leds/
>entries, or if there's a way to have both for the same pin, I'd love to
>hear it!
Without the benefit of a DT overlay, I think you are stuck with generating
a customized DT. Rather than modifying the existing DT files, perhaps it
would be better to update am335x-boneblack.dts to include a custom DTS
like this:

‹

/include/ ³am33xs.dtsi²
/include/ ³am335x-bone-common.dtsi²
/include/ ³am335x-custom.dtsi²

&am33xx_pinmux {
etc
‹

Now am335x-custom.dtsi can be used to override any previous DT settings.
It would also be possible to add various cape DT to am335x-custom.dtsi.
Unfortunately DTC cannot detect conflicts and these will only be detected
when the kernel boots.

Regards,
John