Most examples provided in the github are correct enough for me to use them.
If you niticed any particular bug, please address it exactly.
To access PRU registers, and PRU memory you should use the driver.
The driver calls (like prussdrv_map_prumem) return pointers you can use to
directly read/write PRU hardware.
Ther resulting code might look like (writing to the local PRU RAM, from the
client):

static char *pruMem;
pruMem[THIS_PRU_NUMBER] = 0;

Another case is if you want to pass the DDR buffer address so that it will
write there. The simplest case (IMHO) is to use the frame buffer /dev/fb0.
Open it, find DDR mapping parameters, and pass to the PRU.