On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 10:10 AM, Ross Morrison <r...@buy-ei.com> wrote:
> Is it safe to move forward on 3.15 at this time? This is the only kernel
> that supports my Asix AX88x72A based USB Ethernet dongles correctly on our
> custom board. I'm using the Wheezy 7.5 root file system and would like to
> stay here and get everything working. My wants are to get multiple UARTs
> running and an LCD based on the LCD-3.

So far "v3.15-rc5" seems okay on my test farm, I'm getting close to
moving it over v3.14.x in the --beta-kernel channel for the bones..

> Since there is no capemgr for 3.14 and above (at this time), is there a
> simple way to get these cape type devices working?
>
> I saw in one of the postings to add cape=tty01 in uEnv.txt to enable tty01,
> are there other options to the like this to force configuration from
> uEnv.txt?

right now the options are:

cape=tty01
cape=tty02
cape=tty04

As these were something i need here in the lab for a new cape.

https://github.com/RobertCNelson/bb-kernel/blob/am33x-v3.15/patches/dts-bone-capes/0001-capes-ttyO1-ttyO2-ttyO4.patch

Looking at the above patch, it's pretty easy to add multiple serial
devices to a dts if you need it.

I just haven't really done much with the lcd's.

Robert Nelson
http://www.rcn-ee.com/