Mike,

The project sounds interesting.

I would recommend partnering with someone like Adafruit, Sparkfun, or
Makershed. There are about two million things which you need to get correct
to successfully being a new product to market. Logistics are a nightmare.

As collage student working in this market you are probably better off
focusing on building your reputation rather than focusing on the money.

See if you can get beaglebone.org of makezine to publish a series of
tutorials on the project of do a set of youtube howto videos yourself. That
way you can refine the product and get market feedback while building your
reputation.

At this point, I would be happy to purchase a PCB, frame and parts list as
a DIY project :)