It would seem that a piece of "official" documentation ought to be updated
then.   As of 5:21pm Pacific time on 29MAY2014
http://beagleboard.org/Getting%20Started#update still reflects the old
pattern.  I'd propose the following sentence be added, "flasher images
dated after <insert proper date> automatically power down the board upon
completion, thus all 4 USRx LEDs will be off."

Eric