Hi Richard,

Running "uname -r" reveals that our driver version is 3.13.0-24-generic on
my PC and 3.2.16-x11 on our board.  Also when we run "modinfo ath9k_htc" on
our PC we get  3.13.0-24-generic in the vermagic and if we run "sudo lshw
-C network" with our wirless adapter connected to the PC we get the
following :

" configuration: broadcast=yes driver=ath9k_htc
driverversion=3.13.0-24-generic firmware=1.3 link=no multicast=yes
wireless=IEEE 802.11bgn".

And if we run "modinfo ath9k_htc" on our board we get "3.2.16-x11 SMP
mod_unload modversions ARMv7 p2v8"

It seems that the wireless adapter is using the same driver as our kernal
version so we are supposing that if we upgrade the kernal on our
beagleboard xm  from 3.2.16-x11 to 3.13.0-24 hopefully things should work?.
But we are wondering if its possible to update the wireless adapter without
upgrading the kernal version?

Thanks.