Simon, you may think I'm trying to be a smart ass but I'm not. Using Code
Composer studio, and various other IDE's for various platforms does not
mean you understand how to setup / use a GCC toolchain from the command
line. Which is really what you need to know to understand to use these
properly.

All I have seen you say so far is that you have java GDB ( not even
remotely the same thing ) working, and that you've been programming in C /
C++ since the 80's. Personally, I have been programming C / C++ since the
early 90's, and never really truely used a GCC toolchain until I cut my
teeth on it with the MSP430 launchpad.

My point ? Just because you *may* know gcc, and g++ does not mean you
understand the whole GCC toolchain. Again, there are books on the subject .
. .

*In eclipse, I have created a C Project and in the Properties under C/C++
> Build, Settings, I have the Cross Settings, Prefix set to:*
>

>> *arm-linux-gnueabihf-Path set to:/home/simon/gcc-linaro-arm-lin*
>> *ux-gnueabihf-4.8-2014.03_linux*
>>

>> */bin Cross GCC Compiler, Command set to gccCross GCC Linker, Command set
>> to gccCross GCC Assemlber, Command set to asWhen I build the project I
>> get:/bin/sh: arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc: command not found    HelloWorldBBB
>>          C/C++ Problem*

This is a pathing issue, eclipse does not know where to find the toolchain
binaries. I dont use Eclipse personally but perhaps for each binary you
need a proper fully qualified path to each binary? More information
required.