Since you're booting from SD card is the card Fully seated?  Just checking,
as it's in a spot easily bumped and I've knocked it out a couple times
without realizing it then thought "oh, what happened, it's dead!".  Also to
boot from SD you need to depress the boot switch.  really though to do much
debugging on the black you need a serial console cable.  you can also check
which of the power rails are up.  do you have 3v3 on the headers?  What do
the 4 lights show?  Also what voltage are you showing on the power adapter
under load and across both vcc_5v and sys_5v.  If you have any capes
stacked / plugged in unplug them and test the black alone.  Remember to
simplify.  no matter what, all the best in getting things going as I too
have done stupid things that set me back a week or more.  the good news is
that you will get past it and get things working.

Eric