How was this resolved?  I think I am running into the same problem.  I just
got my BeagleBone Black Rev C and tried installing the drivers on OSX
10.9.3.  Installation of the drivers went fine but I couldn't connect to
http://192.168.7.2.  I went to my Network Preferences and saw there were a
bunch of BeagleBone entries but all were modem connections.  I removed them
all.  When I go to add a new interface I see a bunch of entries for
beaglebone including BeagleBoneBlack (en5), BeagleBoneBlack
(usbmodem1d113), and BeagleBoneBlack (usbmodem1d111) (usbmodem1d111).  I
assume I don't want the usbmodem ones so I try selection BeagleBoneBlack
(en5) and clicking create, but nothing happens, no new interface is
created.  Any ideas?