Swazoo,

the new Moto Cape from Circuitco (available first week of July) is based on
the Arduino Moto Shield with the L298
(https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9815). the schematic and design files
for both the Moto Shield and Moto Cape are released under open source
Creative Commons license are available as a reference:

http://www.elinux.org/CircuitCo:Moto_Cape#Moto_Cape_Revision_A1

feel free to use it as an example implementation, or wait until the Moto
Cape is available at Boardzoo.com:

http://boardzoo.com/index.php/beaglebone-black/motocape.html