Thanks for the info, Jerry. Those resources will definitely come in handy.
Is it possible though to use the BBB's USB port instead of the GPIO pins? I
don't have any GPIO pins available because I'm using an Octoscroller cape
(image link below).

http://bit.ly/1plKtpc

Thanks again!

- John

On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 9:11 AM, Jerry Davis <jdaw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have used the RPi to do simple serial to the arduino. But I also own a
> BBB [ not the newest one with 4GB flash! :-( ]
>
> But I found a few links to what is going on. By far the easiest is the
> adafruit python library found in the first link. The other two links are
> there FYI, to give you information on the device tree overlay that is used.
> I am a python programmer (first and foremost) so the adafruit library
> interests me most.
>

> https://learn.adafruit.com/setting-up-io-python-library-on-beaglebone-black/uart
>
> http://hipstercircuits.com/enable-serialuarttty-on-beaglebone-black/
>
> ttp://beaglebone.cameon.net/home/serial-ports-uart
>

> Jerry
>

> On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 5:35 AM, John McClaire <jmccla...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Correct me if I'm wrong, but something like this can be used to
>> communicate with BBB's USB to Arduino's I2C pins. Correct?
>>

>> http://www.banggood.com/USB-TO-I2C-IIC-UART-TTL-Adapter-Converter-For-CH341T-WIN7-p-924872.html?currency=USD&utm_source=google&utm_medium=shopping&utm_content=miko_ruby&utm_campaign=Electronic-xie-us&gclid=CKGC2qS7iL8CFe4F7AodtlIAtg
>>
>> I'm looking to do the same sorta thing.
>>
>> - John

> Extra Ham Operator: K7AZJ
> Registered Linux User: 275424
> Raspberry Pi and Arduino developer
>
> There are 10 kinds of people in the world:
> Those who can read binary and those who can't.

*John McClaire | Creative Technologist *