> We still have no answer on initial question:

why "set r3, r31.t16" results in r3=0x08 ?

I'd like the pru asm compiler just reject this code as it seems of little
sense.
However it does not and produce the instruction coded as 0x1F10FFE3,
Which if deassembled actually is a "SET R3, R31, 0x10"
Then the result of its execution should probably be 0x10000.
Then, why that claimed 0x08 ?? Is it really so?

(deassembly was performed using http://pastebin.com/2y7uRRwA)