From:  Colin Bester <bester.co...@gmail.com>
Date:  Tuesday, June 24, 2014 at 8:14 AM
To:  "beagleboard@googlegroups.com" <beagleboard@googlegroups.com>
Subject:  Re: [beagleboard] Power down a battery backed up BeagleBone Black

> Several observations.
>
> When pressing power button or executing halt instruction, processor does
> shutdown but the voltage rails SYS_5V and VLD02 don't (I didn't check VLDO01).
> VLDO2 does drop to less than 2V but appears to still be enough to trigger U4
> TL5209's enable pin thus switching SYS_5V to VDD_3V3B. This to me doesn't look
> right, this level (VLD02) should either be asserted or negated and not in
> between levels.
Yep, you are right, the SYS_5V remains on after a sudo halt or pressing the
PB for more than 8 seconds. Since the 3V3B is derived and enabled from the
SYS_5V, it also remains powered.  Looks like we need to also turn off the
AC_EN and USB_EN bits in the PPATH register on the TPS65217C PMC. I¹ve
copied both Robert and Gerald to see if this is something they want to fix.

Regards,
John