Hi Ben!

Am Mittwoch, 25. Juni 2014 14:36:30 UTC+2 schrieb family...@googlemail.com:

> Or is the dtbo file doing all the magic?

The dtbo file is pretty simple. It only powers on the PRUSS. Here's the dts
file to compile:

/* Minimal device tree overlay to activate PRUSS

Licence: GPLv3
(C) 2014 by Thomas{ DoT ]Freiherr[ aT ]gmx[ dOt }net

compile with
   dtc -O dtb -o PRUSSDRV-00A0.dtbo -b 0 -@ PRUSSDRV.dts
*/
/dts-v1/;

/ {
    compatible = "ti,beaglebone", "ti,beaglebone-black";
    part-number = "PRUSSDRV";
    version = "00A0";

    fragment@0{
        target = <&pruss>;

        __overlay__ {
            status = "okay";
        };
    };
};

All that 'magic' comes with the libpruio binary.

Am Mittwoch, 25. Juni 2014 14:36:30 UTC+2 schrieb family...@googlemail.com:

> What kernel version is needed for this to work?
> How to build kernel for pruss support?

libpruio contains

   - ARM software as user interface (can get compiled on every kernel
   version)
   - PRU software to control the hardware (for ARM33xx CPU family)

So can use any kernel version. (I build the binary on 3.8.13-bone37.)