To me, this is the best starting document:

http://www.element14.com/community/community/designcenter/single-board-computers/next-gen_beaglebone/blog/2013/05/22/bbb--working-with-the-pru-icssprussv2

If I remember right, to set p8_12:
SET r30.t14 // p8_12 set
and to clear:
CLR r30.t14 // p8_12 clear

Like shabaz says from Element 14, the 0 from r30 looks like an "O" for
output, while the 1 from r31 looks like an "i" for input.  So, r30 is
generally for output and r32 is generally input (bits 0..29).  There are
other things you can do with r30/31, but for gpio, they're input and
output.

The pinmux for the dts file is
0x034 0x6 // p8_12, mode 6, pulldown
if I remember right. For pinmux/device tree info, you could see Derek
Molloy's information on
dts: https://github.com/derekmolloy/boneDeviceTree/tree/master/docs.

Regards,
Rene