I'm not that expert, but the tips I could think to are:
- have you already PHP and MySQL installed? (would be better from Debian
repos)
- which IP you used? I'd suggest to use localhost/127.0.0.1
- check your firewall settings to allow traffic on TCP 80 (standard
websites (HTTP) port)
- check that phpmyadmin is symlinked in the correct folder; if you
symlinked to */var/www* shouldn't it be in the main webroot?