On 7/2/2014 12:25 AM, Spaced Cowboy wrote:
> Two questions, really:
>
> 1) I have an assembly program running on PRU0 receiving data in a
> tight loop, and I want to signal PRU1 at some point to do further
> processing on the bytes received. Is it possible to have PRU0 write
> into a register (say r2) on PRU1 using a SBBO and wake up PRU1 from
> executing a WBS instruction ? It seems so, from the memory map, but
> the docs seem to discourage WBS with anything other than r31

There are many ways you can communicate between the PRUs, but if you
want to use a WBS instruction, you need to get one PRU to alter a bit in
r31 of the other PRU.  The only way I know to do this is to use the
event/interrupt mechanisms.  See Chapter 6 "Interrupt Controller" in the
PRU reference guide.

> 2) I'm seeing conflicting values for the size of program and data ram
> on the PRUs. How much of each do the PRUs on the beaglebone black
> actually have ?

Each PRU has 8K of program memory and 8K of data memory.  There is an
additional 12K data memory shared between both PRUs.

There's a nice picture of the PRU subsystem in the PRU Reference Guide
(Figure 2, page 15).

--
Charles Steinkuehler
char...@steinkuehler.net