On Wed, Jul 2, 2014 at 12:41 AM,  <bilalinam...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey thx
>
> 6) Gerald i was asking about the Software part. I mean where can i get BASIC
> - ADVANCE regarding the software tutorial.
>
> 3 things more
>
> 1) Why i am not able to find what is included in the software (OS part) i
> mean to say there are no - none info on it..
> What exactly work out of the box. What i see is DEBIAN wheezy is installed.
> Next i know that the Apache2 is also installed but it is working for the
> software i was not able to re route it.. Because i do not have the info...
> (i am from background of REDHAT linux never used DEBIAN)

Then install fedora, they support it.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architectures/ARM

> 2) Scenario :
> Suppose i have a IT service providing company and i got the idea to use
> beaglebone as a device for providing the service to monitor server via BBB
> (and linux). And i though to sale the product (the HW will not be customized
> only the SW will be) in the market.
> Q 2) In the above scenario how to make sure that nobody else copy my product
> ? how can i trademark ? what can i trademark ?

Well, your competing with people that install webmin:

http://www.webmin.com/

So your "service" would be to sell the device + case + software setup
+ power supply in a box...

> 3) I ordered my piece of REV C from adafruit. What i noticed that the LAN
> internet speed is giving only 5kbps
>
> wget -O /dev/null http://speedtest.wdc01.softlayer.com/downloads/test10.zip
>  it is giving 5kbps
>  VERY VERY LOW.....
> I do not know what is the Problem. I flashed the board with May 2014 EDITION
> of Deb but still i am facing the issue.
> I also want to say that i am Network Engg, Web Designer and DBA.
> So i check the Cable it is fien (as per mentioned in some post of
> beaglebone).
> I provided beaglebone DMZ IP so to get direct connection to internet NO port
> forwarding or No Firewall restriction.
> Our network is very small like 6 nodes only and using router TD-W8968
> I do not know what to do because this problem is a big BLOCKER in the
> Project.

Sounds like crappy internet connection..

Robert Nelson
http://www.rcn-ee.com/