No minimal does not have X installed period as far as I know. Minimal is
just that, minimal.  It has a few utilities like openssh-server installed
so you can ssh, etc, and that's it.

*How can I create a .img image that I can write it to SDcard?*

What ?
http://eewiki.net/display/linuxonarm/BeagleBone+Black#BeagleBoneBlack-SetupmicroSD/SDcard
tells you exactly how to write it to sdcard.

*If I want to remove some stuff from linux that I may not need, how do I
> remove them while building, and at what stage?*

Then you should probably use the barefs rootfs image.
http://eewiki.net/display/linuxonarm/BeagleBone+Black#BeagleBoneBlack-RootFileSystem
read the whole section carefully.

Specifically:
http://eewiki.net/display/linuxonarm/BeagleBone+Black#BeagleBoneBlack-Debian7%28smallflash%29