Thank you Iiyaoshi, it works
sudo route del -net 0.0.0.0 gateway 192.168.0.1
and now if I ping an external address it uses 192.168.1.1 gateway (usb
internet key).

But how can I automate this?
I can add to /etc/network/interfaces, on the eth0 section:
down route del -net 0.0.0.0 gw 192.168.0.1
up route add -net 0.0.0.0 gw 192.168.0.1 metric 0

but I don't know if the eth0 ethernet connection has internet access or
not. Because sometimes I will connect the board to the notebook with a
crossover cable to manage it. In this case eth0 will be up but without
internet connection, so the BBB should still use internet key at 192.168.1.1
Is there a method that tried both ways, and chose the one working that has
higher priority?

To Jeronimo Lopes:
in my case there was no need for any configuration. With some operating
systems I have read that you have to make switching between mass-storage
and modem behavior (as usual with internet keys), but with debian and
ubuntu even this. I only rename the connection that initially appeared as
"rename3" rather than "eth1", adding the mac-address with the correct name
in the file /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules.
I will try wicd! thank you for the advice!