Gilco, could you post the code you ended up using to get this to work? I am
in the same boat, I just want to use some GPIO pins for basic I/O but this
new device tree thing is making it hard. Cannot find any information on how
to simply export a few pins.
I would really appreciate any help!
~Dagaen Golomb

On Wednesday, May 14, 2014 8:45:59 PM UTC-4, Gilco333 wrote:

> Thank you, definitely valuable tips! :-)
>
> On Thursday, May 15, 2014 3:14:39 AM UTC+3, RobertCNelson wrote:
>>

>> On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 7:07 PM, Gilco333 <cohen...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Wow, thank you Robert for the super quick answer :-)
>>>
>>> A short question before I'll read and delve into more depth about the
>>> subject:
>>> I have noticed during the boot process, the beagleboard-xM (rev B)
>>> prints on screen:
>>>
>>> "reading /dtbs/omap3-beagle-xm-ab.dtb
>>> 60695 bytes read in 13 ms (4.5 MiB/s)
>>> ## Error: "expansion_args" not defined
>>>

>> That's just an old variable in u-boot for the old "board" file boot. (the
>> buddy=spidev etc crap)
>>

>>> Kernel image @ 0x80300000 [ 0x000000 - 0x3e2f38 ]
>>> ## Flattened Device Tree blob at 815f0000
>>>    Booting using the fdt blob at 0x815f0000
>>>    Using Device Tree in place at 815f0000, end 81601d16
>>>
>>> Starting kernel .."
>>>
>>> So I searched for the omap3-beagle-xm-ab.dts (on linux_kernel-3.14.4
>>> source) in order to modify it. but couldn't find it, found only
>>> omap3-beagle-xm.dts
>>> googled and found only this skinny file: omap3-beagle-xm-ab.dts, which
>>> contains:
>>>

>> Yeah, just got merged to mainline a few weeks back.
>>

>> https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/arch/arm/boot/dts/omap3-beagle-xm-ab.dts?id=refs/tags/v3.15-rc5
>>

>>> /include/ "omap3-beagle-xm.dts"
>>>
>>> /* On Rev A/B USBHOST_PWR_EN is active high */
>>>
>>> &hsusb2_power {
>>>
>>>     enable-active-high;
>>>
>>> };
>>>
>>> Is it the correct file? which I should: