William Hermans:

>> *So if comparing .configs does not turn up anything, I'd start examining
>> Robert's build_kernel.sh script, and see which patches it applies*
>>

> Yeah that was rich heh, there are literally 100's of patches. Check out
> linux-dev/patches/ and linux-dev/patches.sh. Some pertain to the
> framebuffer, and SGX, and to be honest I'm not sure which patches you'd
> need to fix your problem.

This kernel business is still some black magic to me :) But I'm looking
forward to understanding what's happening here and there.

At the moment, my only need is/was to add kexec to the kernel as the
default kernel doesn't provide kexec.
So far it seems to be there and the HDMI problem is gone, but when I
call /sbin/kexec in some init scripts I get a "Cannot open /proc/atags"
error. Maybe that's a bug in my scripts, maybe some other issue specific
to ARM/BBB (I read somewhere that /proc/atags is deprecated and device
trees should be used instead; on i386/x86_64 platforms the scripts work).