Hi Gerald,
  Thank you for the reply.
I have done nothing to mess with the hardware or the EEPROM.
All I have done it loaded machinekit from a sd card.
I have, as you suggested, reflashed it with the factory SW.
It was in factory  condition for the console log output I posted.
I will do a RMA on the board.

Thank you

Dan G

On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 1:52 PM, Gerald Coley <ger...@beagleboard.org>
wrote:

> EEPROM is write protected. So, it should not have been corrupted unless
> you were messing with that.
>
> It is possible that it could have died, but it is not something I have
> ever seen. I suggest that you take it to factory condition and flash
> it with production version of the SW. If the issue is still there, then the
> RMA would be the route to go.
>
> Gerald
>

> On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 5:05 PM, Dan Goldstein <dan...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> Background:   I have a BBB that I am setting up to run with machinekit to
>> drive a mill.
>> I have been testing with an early machine kit image, and then I updated
>> to the most recent image.
>> Upon updating I started to have problems where the cape manager stopped
>> working and the pru was not recognized.
>>
>> Ok, to narrow down the cause I reloaded the original (possibly updated?)
>> emmc image and reflashed it to the BBB.
>> (BBB-eMMC-flasher-2013.09.04.img )
>>
>> Now the board will not boot to Angstrom. The serial console log of the
>> boot attempt is attached.
>> The key part seems to be:
>>
>> U-Boot SPL 2013.04-dirty (Jul 10 2013 - 14:02:53)
>> timed out in wait_for_pin: I2C_STAT=0
>> Could not probe the EEPROM; something fundamentally wrong on the I2C bus.
>> Could not get board ID.
>> Unknown board, assuming Beaglebone LT/Black.musb-hdrc: ConfigData=0xde
>> (UTMI-8, dyn FIFOs, HB-ISO Rx, HB-ISO Tx, SoftConn)
>>
>> Is there a way to determine if this is a hardware error with the I2C bus,
>> or an EEPROM that needs to be reloaded?
>>
>> BBB
>> PCBrevB5
>> No capes
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Dan G.

>  --

"There is nobody in this country who got rich on his own. Nobody. You built
a factory   out there - good for you.

But I want to be clear. You moved your goods to market on the roads the
rest of us paid for. You hired workers the rest of us paid to educate. You
were safe in your factory because of the police forces and the fire forces
that the rest of us paid for. You didn't have to worry that marauding bands
would come and seize everything at your factory...

Now look. You built a factory and it turned into something terrific or a
great idea - God bless! Keep a big hunk of it. But part of the underlying
social contract is you take a hunk of that and you pay forward for the next
kid who comes along."
- Elizabeth Warren (Sept. 2011)