Am Montag, 18. August 2014 13:03:50 UTC+2 schrieb c...@isbd.net:

> The group associated with the /sys/devices/.... files associated with
> the ADC is 'root' and, anyway, the group only has read permission so
> even if I added my user to that group I wouldn't be able to configure
> the ADC subsystem.

 root user can change associated group and privileges (ie. on start-up).

To set up the ADC one needs to write, similarly to
> access the GPIO one needs write.

Your subject is about '*... read the ADC as a non-root user*'.

It would appear (if you do a few google searches for Beaglebone Black
> non-root access to IO) that the existing situation is that it's very
> difficult indeed to make IO on the BBB work for non-root users and
> quite a few people think this should be fixed.

I agree. That's why I wrote libpruio. And I'm improving and extending it.