On 09/01/2014 11:35 PM, Seth wrote:
> Thanks don. That's cool Qt is all ready to go on ALARM. Is there also
> an easy way to change the splash screen to something custom, like what
> Plymouth seems to offer? I didn't get there yet but it seemed like
> Debian had a few guides around that I could use.

would still be relevant except how you build packages on alarm vs
debian. There site has pages in regards to that. Plus you end up getting
the amazing wiki that is arch linux and you also get the best package
manager around pacman.

png to ppm put in the kernel src in appropriate dir edit kconfig logo.c
makefile recompile install reboot, enjoy your new splash.

Enjoy never reinstalling a new "release version" again and many more
wondrous things and having to hack things back to how you want them or
endlessly compiling cause X is out of date which ends up causing issues
with Y and all the joys that is debian. I have alarm installs going on
4+ years, and arch linux installs on boxes much older.