Hi,

Similar to a couple of older threads I've found on searching, one of my
BBB's (a rev B) has recently stopped powering up from VDD_5V (either the
barrel jack or P9 connector).

Not sure what might have triggered this, nothing had changed in hardware
setup for some time, power was permanently supplied from a 5V wall wart and
it was being cleanly shutdown from software each day, and restarted from
the on-board power button. Only things connected were ethernet, a USB RF
dongle, and a hall effect sensor (powered from VDD_3V3B). Have since
removed everything, and just attached a serial debug cable.

Timing to failure is a bit variable, from nothing at all, to a brief flash
of the power LED, to getting several seconds into boot before it dies (have
also tried running from a bench supply, but just the same results). I
suppose the PMIC is shutting things down for a reason (it draws no current
in this state), but it is still working fine from the USB_DC line.

So I'm a bit stumped. Any ideas, or should I look for an RMA?

Thanks in advance,
Jon