Hi Michaël,

Are you using 18ohm pull up resistor as your wiring diagram states? If so
this resistor is too low for pull up; both bone and sensor will have to
sink a lot of current to drive the line down.

See this discussion here:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/beaglebone/dosKmEE7xso

Gerald told a beaglebone pin can sink around 6mA, but using Ohm's Law to
find current over a 18ohms resistor while driven by 3.3V voltage source we
find 0.183A or 183mA. The discussion pointed above talk  about 1K resistor,
this would result in 3.3/1000 = 0.0033 or 3.3mA.

Your beaglebone and sensor might have not enough strength to hold the Data
line down (GND) and because of this there is no communication. This also
can damage the bone pin, so for test try another pin with 1k resistor pull
up.

Regards,
Benito

--
*Josenivaldo Benito Jr.*
*PU2LBD*

*Por Aurélio Buarque de Hollanda,  elite, do francês élite, significa “o
que há de melhor em uma sociedade, minoria prestigiada, constituída pelos
indivíduos mais aptos”.