On Mon, Sep 8, 2014 at 6:02 AM, Jason Lange <j.b.la...@gmail.com> wrote:
> For the sake of future readers (with their googley eyes) it would be nice if
> someone (aka robert sea nelson the glorious inland mariner who makes it
> possible for us to have all of our problems with his ever changing maps ;) )
> piped in come Minnesota Monday Morning (aka M.M.M) and told me how many
> times the thing called uEnv.txt is invoked and why he is leaving multiple
> copies of it lying around.

So the background on this.  We've had users "soft-brick" their boards
by deleting the boot partition. As this partition was loaded on
"windows" machine and those users wanted to use the full drive's
space. So since the July testing release, we went thru a few
transitions as we moved all the boot critical files somewhere else.

Of course, we still needed backwards compatibility. ;)

u-boot older then: v2014.07 (with my patch)

/uEnv.txt (in fat partition) loads /boot/uEnv.txt (in ext4 partition)

u-boot newer then: v2014.07 (with my patch)

u-boot finds /boot/uEnv.txt in any partition (1 -> 7)

Robert Nelson
http://www.rcn-ee.com/