*william@arm:~$ cat /proc/cpuinfo*
processor       : 0
model name      : ARMv7 Processor rev 2 (v7l)
BogoMIPS        : *297.40*
Features        : swp half thumb fastmult vfp edsp thumbee neon vfpv3 tls
CPU implementer : 0x41
CPU architecture: 7
CPU variant     : 0x3
CPU part        : 0xc08
CPU revision    : 2

Hardware        : Generic AM33XX (Flattened Device Tree)
Revision        : 0000
Serial          : 0000000000000000
*william@arm:~$ sudo cpufreq-info -p*
300000 1000000 ondemand
*william@arm:~$ sudo cpufreq-set -g performance*
*william@arm:~$ sudo cpufreq-info -p*
300000 1000000 performance
*william@arm:~$ cat /proc/cpuinfo*
processor       : 0
model name      : ARMv7 Processor rev 2 (v7l)
BogoMIPS        : *990.68*
Features        : swp half thumb fastmult vfp edsp thumbee neon vfpv3 tls
CPU implementer : 0x41
CPU architecture: 7
CPU variant     : 0x3
CPU part        : 0xc08
CPU revision    : 2

Hardware        : Generic AM33XX (Flattened Device Tree)
Revision        : 0000
Serial          : 0000000000000000
*william@arm:~$ uname -a*
Linux arm 3.8.13-bone64.1 #1 SMP Sun Aug 31 13:30:46 MST 2014 armv7l
GNU/Linux
*william@arm:~$ ps --pid 1 -f*
UID        PID  PPID  C STIME TTY          TIME CMD
root         1     0  0 Sep10 ?        00:00:18 init [2]

This board is an A5A off the first production run I think. It came from
Digi-key ? Not sure my buddy pre-ordered one for himself, and one for me ~2
months prior to release. Not sure init daemon matters, but there it is.