Thank you all for your help.

I've tried what you suggested but, unfortunately, without any success.
I'm wondering if the root cause of my problem isn't that I run Debian from
the SDCARD (not loaded in eMMC).
I have a similar issue with fstab. I've added a mount command to a network
share and it is not taken into account at boot time. If I run the "mount
-a" manually it works.
So, it seems that any change I make in the /etc folder is not used at boot
time. I don't understand why ...