Hi there,

On the 3.8.13 kernel (currently using bone66, but it happened in previous
versions too) I'm experiencing an occasional kernel panic that I can't see
to avoid. If you're interested in details, I reported it here
<https://github.com/beagleboard/linux/issues/12>. The issue is supposedly
fixed in the 3.12 kernel (according to this report
<https://github.com/archlinuxarm/PKGBUILDs/issues/749>).

With the wide variety of kernel releases, I'm not sure which one is the
most stable as the Beagle is running as a headless server where I'd like to
have as little downtime as possible, especially since with the current
issue, I have to be physically present and manually power cycle it as it
won't reboot on its own.

The Beagle boots from the eMMC and has an SD card for storage. The network
port is a key component in my set up. Then there's also a USB thumb drive
attached where tmp and log files are stored, plus there's a swap partition
on it in case more memory is needed. I don't need any cape support, but
would like to have basic ACPI support so I can initiate a Debian shutdown
with the power button on the BBB, and on finished shutdown, the Beagle
should power down on its own.

Which kernel release would you recommend? I'd also appreciate a few
thoughts on why you'd recommend a particular release.

Thanks for your help.

Sebastian