Robert Nelson:
> On Fri, Oct 3, 2014 at 2:49 PM, flapflap <flapf...@riseup.net> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> has anyone tried to compile a Linux-libre [0] kernel for the BBB?
>> Are there non-free blobs in the stock kernel and for what (like graphics)?
>
> Well for the "BBB" the only "blob" we have is power management
> firmware for the m3:
>
> Which the src is available here:
>
> http://git.ti.com/gitweb/?p=ti-cm3-pm-firmware/amx3-cm3.git;a=summary
>
> The "sgx" core blob is all userspace.
>
> So go ahead an use that source, but who knows if it's going to work.
(just FYI: )
I built the 3.16.3-gnu kernel and so far it's working fine for me.
During compilation only one file that normally gets generated was
missing, so I copied it from the 3.16.3 linux kernel (after building
that one too; the file doesn't seem to have anything to do with
blobs..).  On the other hand, there are still some *.fw files so I
suppose deblobbing was not 100% successful:

$ find /lib/firmware/ -type f
/lib/firmware/keyspan_pda/keyspan_pda.fw
/lib/firmware/keyspan_pda/xircom_pgs.fw

~flapflap