On Friday, September 26, 2014 15:11:29 liyaoshi wrote:
> If I understand correctly
> It should like surround view or adas ?
> and as I know , AM335X don't have isp . while omap3 have it .
> while cvbs signal in . camera module will turn to bt656 or what ever
> digital signal , as usually BT656
>
> And when you can  catch BT656 digital signal . you can program it to
> overlay or something .
>
> And about the CVBS out signal . You can NOT generate it by GPIO .

You can generate it just fine with the BeagleBone Black's GPIO. I have done
composite output with the option to overlay a video stream with the PRUs.
(sorry no photos or write ups yet; running way behind on that.) The hardware
is pretty trival for mono. You need to switch between 3 basic voltages with
enough drive for 75ohm's and have the right termination:
- Sync voltage
- Black level
- White level

Color is a little trickier in that you need to get the phasing right or the
color shifts around. Think of it as using the BBB as a programmable arbitrary
wave form generator. At 200MHz on the PRU, that's plenty fast for a signal
that lives with less then 6MHz of bandwidth.

As for input, the PRUs should be able to handle it; slap on a analog video to
BT656 converter chip. Doing either capture or video output is easy. Doing both
requires scheduling the PRUs so they don't block when access is made outside
of the PRUSS.