Hello Robert,

Thank you spending your time to help me.

First of all, sorry if I didn't explain things correctly. I think there is
a misunderstanding  (I am French speaking) .

I don't want BeagleBone to perform a shutdown during power outage. I want
BBB  running continuously like my VoIP PBX also based on BeagleBone Black.
But I think, that in this later case, the developper used Ubuntu (neither
Debian nor Angström).  As these OS are official BBB OS, I prefer using them
for my application. I am electrician, I don't really want to spend too much
time on SW bugs as I am not skilled for that task.

One word perhaps about the application: it is very simple. I must monitor
mains power supply in different locations and have to log power outage
events on a file with time stamps.  I have also to log grid
switching events ...  The specialized 230V AC monitoring system has no
Ethernet connection but can be associated with BBB GPIO's. So that log file
could be downloaded when power outage is over.

The problem is that, even with battery plugged in, the BeagleBone Black
perform a self shutdown within 60 seconds after mains power off (5V DC
power supply)...

Hope my explanation is now better.

Kind regards

Michel.