On Sun, Oct 19, 2014 at 7:40 PM, Lopez Gonzalez Sebastian <
slope...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm having an issue trying to flashed my BBB eMMC thorugh doing the common
> sd-card process. Here's what I've been doing:
>
>    - I downloaded the latest debĂ­an from here
> <https://rcn-ee.net/deb/flasher/wheezy/BBB-eMMC-flasher-debian-7.6-console-armhf-2014-08-13-2gb.img.xz>
>    - I wrote the image to my sd-card (8GB size sd-card)
> *      unxz
> BBB-eMMC-flasher-debian-7.6-console-armhf-2014-08-13-2gb.img.xz*
> *      dd
> if=./BBB-eMMC-flasher-debian-7.6-console-armhf-2014-08-13-2gb.img
> of=/dev/sdb*
>
>    - Inserted the sd-card into the board, pressed/hold S2 button, apply
> power.
>    - Nothing happens. Only a bunch of "C" as if the sd-card was never
> connected.
>
> Through uboot, I couldn't get to detect SD, nor thorugh the currently
> installed Angstrom distribution.
>
> Could the sd slot module have died?
>
> BTW: I was able to flash eMMC a few months ago, so I know it worked at
> least once.
>
> Is there a way to flash eMMC without the sd-card? I mean, is it posible to
> download a Debian image and copy it to the eMMC with using dd command?

Doing 'dd' with the mounted image can't work if you are RUNNING off of that
image. It IS, however, possible to boot over USB and run from RAM using
https://github.com/ungureanuvladvictor/BBBlfs and then use that to perform
flashing.

I found other people that does this here