The host is BBB RevC running the Debian distribution dated May 14, 2014
(Wheezy)
I am trying to cross compile C code for the host.

I am running the GCC cross compiler (arm-linux-gnueabihf) inside Eclipse
under Ubuntu 14.04 on Intel 64 bit machine.

[Basically the Derek Molloy recommended environment]

It seems that the BBB Debian (Wheezy) release comes with glibc-2.13

It seems that GCC cross tool chain comes with glibc-2.19

As long as I compile simple (not useful) programs, things compile and run.

As soon as I start to do usefully complex programming, I get run time errors
saying that glibc-2.15 is required.

What is the best way out of this road-block?

Is there an earlier version of the GCC cross compiler that uses glib-2.13?
Can I force the current GCC cross compiler to link to armhf glib-2.13?

Can I update the BBB Debian Wheezy to glibc-2.19 without breaking
other things in the distribution?  Normal attempts at updating say
2.13 is the latest.

I saw an earlier thread talking about loading an experimental glibc-2.18 on
the BBB.
What are the (any bad?) side effects of that.

Thanks,
--- Graham

==