Hello All!

I've recently begun digging into the PRU for a realtime project that I am
working on.

I have found tons of helpful information out there, and I am now up and
running with PRU programming!  Yay!

One of the great resources I've found was this video of Jason Kridner
talking about BBB in general and PRU programming in general.  It really
helped me to understand what is going on and where things are headed (like
why omap_mux is gone among other things)

http://www.adafruit.com/blog/2014/07/01/real-time-programming-with-beaglebone-prus-by-jason-kridner-at-chicago-hackerspace-ps1-beagleboneblack-txinstruments-beagleboardorg/

Presentation slides at this link...
http://beagleboard.org/static/PumpingStationOne20140628_Real-timeProgrammingWithBeagleBonePRUs.pptx.pdf

In this video, and in the accompanying slides Jason mentions that there are
some I/O pins that are specially configured to provide low latency I/O to
the PRU.  Since I only need 12 pins for my project, I would like to use
these pins exclusively.

I'm wondering if there is some special way that one needs to access them in
order to get this low latency, or if they should be accessed through the
same registers as "normal" gpio pins?  By the normal registers I mean...

GPIO_DATAIN
GPIO_DATAOUT
GPIO_CLEARDATAOUT
GPIO_SETDATAOUT