Am Montag, 10. November 2014 21:52:26 UTC+1 schrieb William Hermans:

> TJF,
>
> I'd be willing at some point to help you port some code for your project,

Hello William, welcome at the libpruio project.

I know about many tasks to improve the libpruio package. Some of them might
be fun for you.

> Do you have a quick setup guide for your library ?

Find the installation guide in the documentation at page Preparation
<http://users.freebasic-portal.de/tjf/Projekte/libpruio/doc/html/_cha_preparation.html>
.

Could you check the documentation text? It seems that you're a native
speaker with good language skills. You should be able to improve the text a
lot. (I could mail a pdf version, where you could add your comments.)

> Other problem is that I am not exactly a hardware person so much as a
> software developer, and I am semi new to embedded Linux. The new to embeded
> Linux part shouldnt be too much of a problem, just means I need to read up
> on the libc functions available to me. Not being an EE however slows me
> down greatly however, since I do not want to fry my boards . . .

I'm neither an electronics engineer, nor a programmer, nor an expert on
embedded systems, nor a native speaker. I think I realy know what you're
talking about.

I'm looking at the project from the user point of view, evaluating how
things should work and then do my best to make this happen. And, knowing
there's no perfect solution, I try to learn from my failures.

> As an aside, I must have really really become accustomed to C over the
> last several years, BASIC syntax hurts my eyes, lol but it was the very
> first language I picked up 17+ years ago . . .

Basic isn't the first programming language I used, but for me it's the most
productive. I'm not speaking about the m$ dialects, which I dislike as
well, and which I don't use since the middle 80's. (AFAIR QB 4.5 was the
last one I tested and droped.) But there're other dialects, which are in
some points more powerful than C, and easier to read for my old eyes.

The libpruio package contains some examples, as you can see at this
documentation page
<http://users.freebasic-portal.de/tjf/Projekte/libpruio/doc/html/_cha_examples.html>.

I think all code in folder src/c_examples could have a review. But most
important, there're some examples with grafics output

   - pwm_adc.bas,
   - osci.bas,
   - rb_oszi.bas, and
   - triggers.bas

which I didn't translate to C code jet. My idea was to use cairo grafics
library, but there might be a more common way to create short and easy C
code?

Note: libpruio examples should be easy to understand for beginners and
should have less than 200 lines of code.

Feel free to send further colaboration ideas and discuss details (here or
PM). Or just make your choice and start.

BR