Automatically starting the shell script when logging into LXDE works fine
in a Lubuntu 12.04 VM. For some strange reason the same thing can't be done
on the BBB. No error messages appear anywhere, a real mystery. There may be
an issue with Java since some of the other shell scripts (not using Java)
start up without any issues on the BBB.