On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 9:47 AM, Joe Spanier <prcdsln...@gmail.com> wrote:

> https://rcn-ee.net/deb/testing/2014-11-11/lxde-4gb/BBB-eMMC-flasher-debian-7.7-lxde-4gb-armhf-2014-11-11-4gb.img.xz
> is the image. Im powering through USB plugged into a wall outlet. No Capes,
> just power, and HDMI.
>
> I was able to successfully flash
> https://rcn-ee.net/deb/testing/2014-11-11/console/BBB-eMMC-flasher-debian-7.7-console-armhf-2014-11-11-2gb.img.xz
> and pull up the console. There was some concern on the machinekit page that
> I was using an older boot loader but that should have fixed that I would
> think.
>
> I am for sure using a RevC with the 4g eMMC and I am pushing the boot
> button to boot from the SD.

Can you please retry with a 5volt DC jack. rsync really hits the
microSD/eMMC hard while flashing, thus it's fast, but any voltage ripples
can mess with the mmc devices.

Since the console image is so much smaller (200mb vs 1.7gb) we don't
normally see any mmc write errors during the flashing procedure.

Robert Nelson
http://www.rcn-ee.com/